The Steering Committee (SC) will provide overall direction to M-ROC, its Committees and Membership to fulfill the mission of M-ROC. The mission is as stated: “To identify, prioritize, and coordinate fulfillment of unmet disaster-related needs of individuals and families directly affected by the Redwood Complex Fire.”
Following are the primary responsibilities of the SC:
- Provide overall direction to Mendocino-ROC, its Committees and Membership.
- Establish defined criteria and prioritization for allocation of resources for the Unmet Needs and Case Management committees to support fire survivors.
- Provide oversight to staff and volunteers who support the work of M-ROC.
- Engagement and execution of contracts.
- Public relations.
- Calling regular and special meetings as needed.
Each Steering Committee Member shall have one vote. Members of the SC include:
- Megan Barber Allende – Chair (The Community Foundation)
- Patty Bruder – Vice-chair (NCO)
- Tammy Moss Chandler – County of Mendocino Leadership Liaison and People Helping People Committee (Director Disaster Recovery)
- Tami Bartolomei –Unmet Needs Committee (City of Ukiah)
- Sheilah Rogers and Christine Boyd – Redwood Valley Municipal Advisory Committee
- Danielle Rodrick Juszczak – Materials Donation Committee (Ukiah Donation Center)
- Melody Osburn – Materials Donation Committee (Potter Valley Donation Center)
- Kevin Cox – Construction Committee (HOPE City)
- Megan Van Sant – Case Management Committee (County of Mendocino)
- Kevin Murphy – Spiritual Emotional Support Committee (Ukiah United Methodist Church)
- Christine Hawley – Spiritual Emotional Support Committee (Cal HOPE)